Hershey’s Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
100% Cacao Natural Unsweetened
Give baking and hot chocolate-making 100 percent with HERSHEY’S Cocoa. From heavenly hot chocolate to fabulous frostings and gluten-free desserts, this 100% cacao is naturally unsweetened, highly versatile and 100 percent delicious.
Tips for using Hershey’s Cocoa Powder
Cocoa powder can actually be enjoyed on its own, like with these Rich ’n Good Chocolate Truffles. Unlike their American counterpart, which refer to any candy with a chocolate shell and creamy center, French truffles are basically balls of pure chocolate ganache. This gives them some melting potential, which is why it’s customary to roll them in nuts or cocoa powder.
- Make hot chocolate (without clumps)
Impress your next guest with this hot cocoa tip: You might have noticed that cocoa powder dumped into hot water or milk tends to form clumps. This is a bit of food science, but it’s because the powder is more attracted to itself than the H2O. To get a smooth blend, you want to add a bit of your beverage to the cocoa powder until it becomes a muddy (but delicious) mixture. Then you’re safe to add in the rest of the liquid.
- Make brownies stay softer
There are a few ways to make something chocolatey. You might be familiar with brownie recipes that get their chocolate from a chocolate bar, chopped and melted into the batter. The reason to use cocoa powder instead is because it gives brownies a uniquely velvety texture and a rich, intense taste.
HERSHEY’S Cocoa is the star of this Triple Chocolate Torte recipe. It’s in the chocolate cake batter, of course — and it’s also in the dreamy layers of chocolate cream filling. And if that weren’t enough, it all gets covered in a decadent fudge glaze. Top this torte with a trio of tart berries.
10 Health and Nutrition Benefits of Cocoa Powder
- Rich in polyphenols that provide several health benefits
- May reduce high blood pressure by improving nitric oxide levels
- May lower your risk of heart attack and stroke
- May Improve mood and symptoms of depression by various means
- May aid way control in many suprising ways
- May have cancer-protective properties
- Theobromine and theophylline contents may help people with asthma
- Easy to include in your diet
- Flavanols may improve symptoms of 2 types of diabetes
- Polyphenols improve blood flow to your brain and brain function
Hershey’s Cocoa Powder Ingredient
Made with 100% cocoa.
How to Store Hershey’s Cocoa Powder
When storing this product, ensure that it is kept in a cool and dry location, such as the pantry or cupboard, away from direct sunlight.